Thursday, January 28, 2010
Alphabet Reform
At Dray's school they have been working on the alphabet. He's actually known it, for the most part, for a long time, but who doesn't need a little brushing up on it. Anyway he just can't seem to figure out c and k, k and q, and g and j. Now if you ask me he's right in his confusion. What's with all these repetitive letters? Why can't you spell cat with a k. It still says the same thing. And kwik and quick, I don't really see a difference, except for the fact that the second one uses some unnecessary letters. And as for as j and g are concerned, I feel that if you can use g for both sounds anyway, why in the world do we bother with j? If you agree, join me in removing extra letters for our written world. Together we kan save all the bad spellers of the world. And make Drayton's day gust alittle easier when he tells me that kookie starts with k.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I couldn't agree more.
I hear you girl! Loud and clear. It is MUCH too confusing
AMEN, sister!
Post a Comment