Tuesday, January 6, 2009

CTR




It's a new year, meaning we're all taking another step forward. I woke up Sunday with a runny nose, headache and a cough. So, understandably, I had no intention of going to church. I got the kids up and fed them, as usual. Then I turned on the tv and laid down on the couch. That's where is all went wrong. "Mommy! We need to take a bath." "No, Dray we're gonna stay home today." "But mom, it's my first day of primary! I don't wanna miss it!" How do you say no to that. My kid is begging me to go to church. Then, realizing that church was starting right then, I high tailed it up stairs to make an attempt at looking presentable. It didn't work, and we got there as sacrament meeting ended. But Drayton was so excited to go to primary. We walked into the primary room, a room he has never been in, and he looked a little intimidated, but by the time we made it to the front of the room he could barely contain his excitement. He saw all of his friends from nursery and ran over to sit with them. I decided that ducking out would be my best bet. Because I was sick I didn't feel like sitting in Sunday School and Relief Society coughing and blowing my nose, so I sat in the foyer and had the following wards sacrament while Peyson chased people down the hall. Not sure why but my daughter feels its necessary to throw her shoes at people Anyway, when I went to pick Dray up he was wearing a CTR ring. "Look mommy, I choose the right! and Saturday I get ice cream!" He told me what he learned, and how much he loves his teacher. It was so sweet. Saturday they have their first Primary Activity and he has reminded about it everyday. While wearing his ring that he never takes off.

3 comments:

KP said...

that's so cute kristen.
seriously i love dray. he is so smart and i love how he loves his little "ctr" ring so much!! hope you're feelin better :(

Alexa Mae said...

he is so cute! and you are so amazing for getting ready and taking him. we opted out of church on sunday cause bronson had strep. hope you're feeling better. wanna get together next weeK?

Amy said...

That is just adorable! No way you can miss your first day of Primary, no matter how crappy mom feels ;) I hope you're feeling better, though.